DULUTH, MN—Aspiring CSMP (Christian Social Media Personality) Shane Minter reportedly capitalized on the death of pop musician Prince (1958–2016) Thursday to remind his semicircle of influence that the Prince of music holds no candle to the Prince of Peace.
Minter made it plain which Prince is heaven’s hero in a flurry of tweets and Facebook updates blasted out to his tens of followers. Here is a small sample of his work:
- “Singer, Songwriter, Multi-Instrumentalist, Actor” vs. “Eternal Lord, Begotten Not Made, Sinless Son of God” #ChooseYourByline
- 100,000,000 records sold. You think that’s big? Jesus purchased a multitude no one can count. #perspective
- Prince crushed the Billboard charts, but did he crush the serpent’s skull? #protoevangelium
- Purple Rain or purple robe? Read Mark 15 and repent. #justsayin
- What goes well with seven Grammys, a Golden Globe, and an Oscar? Moth and rust. #SeekYeFirst
When asked if comparing Prince to the Lord Jesus Christ in a moment like this might be bad form, or at least beside the point, Minter told reporters, “Listen, I’m missional. I’m always looking for opportunities to leverage human headlines for gospel good.”
“Wait, that had a nice ring to it,” he added. “Lemme do a quick status update for God’s glory.”
Efforts to solicit further comments from Minter were unsuccessful, as he was checking his notifications.
Get Free Access To Our Brand New Site: Not the Bee
After creating The Babylon Bee in six literal days, Adam Ford rested. But he rests no longer. Introducing Not the Bee — a brand new humor-based news site run by Adam himself. It's loaded with funny content and all the best features of a social network. And the best part? Everyone with a subscription to The Bee gets full access at no extra cost.