Internet Local
Woman Burns House Down Attempting Easy DIY Pinterest Craft

DAYTON, OH—Sources at the Dayton Fire Department confirmed that local woman Amy Merkle accidentally burned her house down Monday morning after attempting to repurpose an old picture frame into a chalkboard to hang on her wall.

According to the woman and mother of three, she made it through the first two-and-a-half steps of the simple project before her house erupted into flames.

“They made it look so simple online,” Merkle told local news reporters as firefighters worked to put out the Pinterest-induced blaze rapidly consuming her home. “I don’t know if it was the hot glue gun or the pipe cleaners that caused the fire, but obviously I missed a step somewhere.”

Fire officials also claimed that Pinterest is responsible for thousands of house fires each year.

“Just last week, a woman tried to make some home decor out of a set of mason jars and some sand,” a spokesperson for the fire department said. “There wasn’t much left of her neighborhood after she got to Step 3.”

Officials cautioned Pinterest users to take the proper precautions when attempting even the easiest-looking crafts.

Get Free Access To Our Brand New Site: Not the Bee

After creating The Babylon Bee in six literal days, Adam Ford rested. But he rests no longer. Introducing Not the Bee — a brand new humor-based news site run by Adam himself. It's loaded with funny content and all the best features of a social network. And the best part? Everyone with a subscription to The Bee gets full access at no extra cost.

Get FREE Access

*with premium subscription to The Babylon Bee

You must become a premium subscriber or login to view or post comments on this article.